Hardwood floors are an investment that will last for a long time with the proper installation and care. There are different modes of installation for engineered wood strips, solid wood strips, and parquet. With all modes of installation moisture testing is imperative to ensure proper installation. Installation can be a painstaking process but we take pride in leaving your home or business looking as beautiful as we found it. Our expert technicians have seen every situation and are proficient in the three different types of installation for hardwood flooring.
Wood Floor Refinishing
Refinishing and sanding your hardwood floors is necessary to preserve their quality and beauty. Any refinishing is done solely to enhance the woods natural color and protect it from the elements. The best time to sand and refinish your hardwood floors is when you move into a new house or apartment as all of the furniture, rugs, etc. need to be removed from the area during the process. Proper refinishing should last about 10 years. However, high traffic rooms will need to be done more often.
Wood Floor Repairs
Many things can happen to a floor over the years. Termites, cable holes, leaky roofs, sink overflows, cats, dogs and reconfigured spaces can leave holes or very odd-looking stains in your hardwood. All is not lost!
Custom Wood Floor Design
Custom Wood Floors are a medium of specialty floor coverings that includes, but not limited to these Types of Custom Wood Floors: Accents, Borders, Domestic Species, Exotic Species, Feature Strip, Inlays, Marquetry, Mixed Media, Medallions & Crest, Painted or stenciled, Parquet, Parquetry, Plank, Reclaimed & Recovered,Distressed, Specialty Products, Stained-Tinted or Colors Developed during the middle ages in Europe, elaborate designs, borders, inlays & medallions were crafted for significant buildings such as castles, & monasteries. Today these wood flooring styles are reflected in the modern day manufacturing and can be enhanced with something as simple as a strip border around the perimeter of the room or as ornate as a coat of arms in a foyer or a great room. Using exotic woods from around the world, these custom designs & patterns can add to and become the center focal point of any room. Giving each room a Custom-one-of-a-kind wood floor. Custom designs can give a homeowner a “one-of-a-kind” floor and is a wonderful way to put your personality and individual character in a home. The choices of pattern, design, exotic woods sources and an artistic flare can provide a limitless number of possibilities.
Floors with oil and urethane-type finishes are extremely durable. With just minimal care your floor will look beautiful for years to come. The key to preserving your floor is protecting its finish. Hardwood floors require minimal care, but it is important that you provide regular care.
- Wipe up spills with a soft dry cloth and never wet mop a hardwood floor.
- Keep your pet's nails trimmed.
- Throw rugs or area rugs should be used in high traffic areas or pivot point areas, such as in front of kitchen sinks.
- Use doormats at the entrances to your home to help trap dirt and grit.
- Install felt pads on the bottom of chairs, tables, and other furniture.
- Use Bona Hardwood floor cleaner for URETHANE FINISHES.
- Use a dolly with wide base air tires when moving heavy furniture.
- Maintain a normal indoor relative humidity level of 35% to 60%.
- Do not try to slide or roll heavy objects across the floor without precautions.
- Do not use a vacuum with beater bars.
- Do not wax your floors.
- Do not walk with spikes or "stiletto-style" heel shoes.
- Do not use Household cleaners like Murphy's oil, Fantastic, Pine-Sol, Pledge, Mr. Clean or any other containing ammonia or solvents, waxes and oil soaps.